Top 5 Technology Options that drive Sustainability
Every organization has now widely considered carbon reduction, paper and plastic usage as key drivers in pushing towards a more sustainable ecosystem for there organization, destination and customers. Companies in every industry do this to balance their present revenue needs with the goal of not compromising locals, future generations and considering its local natural resources. Sustainability concept almost always starts internally and then is implemented through customer interactions, directives and key connection points that builds a more sustainable model.
Today we will look into top technologies that actually drive and promote sustainability towards any organization. These are technologies that engage local communities and can be easily implemented in conjunction with their existing marketing strategies and that encompass some old and new ways of using devices such as digital displays, touchscreens, kiosks, and mobile applications. Let’s take a look at our Top 5.
1. Scheduling Systems
Using Mobile Devices and software to provide limited access to areas of natural resources or areas that provide large impact to local residents. When implemented correctly, this can connect a more manageable, safe and eco friendly option for visitor, guests and customers. As well with these systems and having it accessible by all devices, visitors can have a better experience allowing them to enjoy the location on a deeper level. As well there can be new ways to accommodate, drive additional revenue and ensure better flow of information with easy updates and alerts.
2. Ticketing & Planning
Drive more sustainable booking behaviour prior to arrival for both staff and customers by using digital ticketing and booking services. You can easily offer essential travel information such as departure times, event times, price, transportation costs, Covid-19-related information and other safety precautions in one standard platform. The key thing is to (1) Lessen the need to print leaflets and save the year-round cost for re-printing whenever there is an update and (2) Reduce the traveler’s risk of exposure to any manual forms and utilize technology using their mobile devices.
3. Transportation Management
Providing easy mapping and transportation options in the pre planning phase is one great option to change patterns. Providing digital maps that show areas of high interest while detailing options for Trains, busses, taxies and more lets people know they have options. Incentivising travelers to use new ways of getting around is also an option that can be built into booking systems, letting them understand how it can save time and money as they review and plan.
- Some additional ideas for connecting dots through your application or others
- Through digital transportation apps, local admin can provide essential information for local transportation options such as trolley or bus departure and arrival times, weather response traffic information, pavement maintenance and even smart roadside parking assistance options.
- Note that these functionalities can be implemented on a mobile app or any touchscreen units which can save travelers a lot of time and energy prior to arriving at the transportation points or stops.
4. Interactive Trails
- Interactive trails can be used to educate and plan the right trails and areas for your visitors, providing new ways to explore and educate them of more remote or out of the ordinary options.
- Tourism Trails- Ale, Wine, or Historic are also great ways to help provide personalized experiences that keep visitors engaging with businesses but also incentivise them to do something different.
By creating a sustainable multi-use hiking and tourism trail system, organizations and individuals can both have a lighter footprint to ensure minimal disturbance to the natural environment. It encourages travelers to learn more about new businesses and locations While encouraging a sense of awareness and appreciation of the local community. Internally, it allows destinations/organizations to manage some of their resources and infrastructure without too much strain on their budget.